Position Title: Junior Software Developer
Working Hours: 37hours per week
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000
Terms: 12 months fixed term contract
Annual Leave: 20 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays
Flexible working including up to 2 days work from home
An ambitious Junior Software Developer is required by a growing small software development company based in Nottingham. Due to tremendous success in the last year and planned expansion of the company, we are looking to hire a Graduate/Junior Software Developer to join our team. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to enhance their skill, gain work experience and/or help shape the future of a small company.
As a Junior Software Developer your duties will include:
– Maintaining, bug fixes and feature implementation on current designed applications.
– Creating & implementing new applications, including full processes of requirements.
– Developing solutions based on technical specifications.
– Reading existing code and improving/solving issues.
– Logging and resolving application issues.
– Presenting ideas for system improvements
– Gathering requirements and formulating user stories
– Producing specifications and writing software code
– Assessing and resolving helpdesk requests
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– IT Degree or equivalent experience
– Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and C#
– Excellent literacy and numeracy
– Examples of past development (Hobby or Work).
– Great communication and being able to fit into a highly motivated but small team.
– Great ability & desire to learn (Including self-learning).
– Self-motivated with good time management, written and communication skills
– Ability to work unsupervised and achieve results
– Flexibility in approach to tasks
Graduates or Masters student seeking a one year Placement opportunity are also invited to apply.
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 14/06/2019. All enquiries about this post should be directed to the same email. Tentative start date is 15/07/2019.